Once again there’s enough happening this week in the publishing world to warrant a second post. Here’s the e-Watch Wrap-up for the week of May 23:
Amazon as publisher
- From FUTUReBOOKS: Amazon seeking print partners
The Rise of e-Books
- Robin Sullivan at Write to Publish put together some interesting figures on rising e-book sales
- e-Book Sales on Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch: A 73-Second Seminar by Joel Friedlander
- The new Nook by Kevin McLaughlin
Self-Publishing: The Top Ten
- From Publetariat: 10 things you need to know about self-publishing
- From The Book Designer: Top 10 best guides for e-book authors
More on Self-Publishing
- From Self-Publishing Review: Books and Their Legs: A SelfPub Experience by Tom Lichtenberg
- Nathan Bransford guest blogger Tracy Marchini posts on The Real Skinny About Indie Publishing
The Supernatural Reigns
- From the Wall Street Journal: Season of the Supernatural
- Dean Wesley Smith points out a couple of must-read articles by J.D. Sawyer and The Passive Guy warning of the traps evolving in publishing contracts
- Surviving the Transition, Part 1 and Part 2 by Kristine Katherine Rusch
Have a great Memorial Weekend!
Tessa’s got another fun blog event going on! It’s a bloghop to help readers and writers introduce themselves. This is what Tessa says about it:
The Life Fantastic
Do you write fantasy stories/novels (any subgenre welcome)? Do you read/review fantasy books? Maybe you create fantasy art? Join the list (at the bottom of this post) and meet other like-minded creatures of the web!
Here’s my bit:
Paranormal. Dark Fantasy. Swords and Sorcerers. Dragons and Mythical Lands. With a sprinkling of Aliens and Other Worlds.
That’s what I love to read, and what I love to write.
I just finished reading NYT bestseller Shiver and its sequel, Linger, by Maggie Stiefvater. OMG – Stephanie Meyer, move over. New werewolves have come to town, and they’re…disturbing. Heartbreaking. Wonderful in that wolfish sort of way. How good is all this? Linger was just released in the US. It hit NUMBER 1 on the NYT bestseller list its first week!
Check out Maggie’s website. She has two cool book trailer videos that she created and wrote the music for. They make me all shivery, just like the books. I’ll be doing a more extensive review of the Wolves of Mercy Falls series in the near future, but for now, I only have 3 words: Go. Read. Them.
OK – this blog is supposed to be about visitors getting acquainted with me. Hmm…I hate to reinvent the wheel, so if you want to know a bit about me, hit these two links:
11 things about me (skip past the award stuff to get to the list)
And if you want to know what I write, here’s a taste:
I have several excerpts from Watcher posted, as well as one from my MG short story, Fur Before Feathers. You can check them out in the links at the left under “this site.”
That’s it for now. See ya around in the blogosphere.
Also – I just discovered I’m signed up for Lisa’s blog hop as well. I’m not quite sure how that happened, but I do recall Mr. Linky and I having a knock-down drag-out fight when I signed up on Tessa’s…so without further ado, here’s Lisa’s bloghop info: