Things have been a little quieter this week in the publishing world. The biggest news revolves around Amazon’s continued expansion into publishing, along with the release of not one, but two new e-Readers.
Amazon As Publisher
- Amazon signs Larry Kirshbaum, former CEO of Time Warner Publishing (now Hachette Book Group) by Mike Shatzkin
- From FUTUReBOOK: Amazon’s new image
- Barry Eisler inks deal with Amazon’s new Thomas & Mercer imprint
- Agent Janet Reid’s take on the deal
- More from FUTUReBOOK: New Publishing – getting there first
- From PR Newswire: Textbook Rentals – an idea long past due
- From Publetariat: Readers as the new gatekeepers by Alan Baxter
- Book Pirates by Lindsay Buroker at E-book Endeavors
The Last Word
- Books: an endangered species? by The Passive Guy
That’s it for this week. Let me know if you have anything to add!